E Portfolio Success!
The dreaded Learning log entries
- Plan for 2 per week. No logs needed while you're on holiday (annual leave). Post nights doesn't count as annual leave.
- Make sure you do at least 1-2 logs with the heading of "Significant events" every 6 months (full time).
- Be reflective. Don't just tell us what happened. What were the consequences? How did it affect you? What are you taking from this experience?
- Keep an eye on the Curriculum and Competencies which you need to demonstrate (see below)
- You don't have to follow the guidance/ headings on the epo BUT remember the last block is the most important one.
What does your ES know that you don't?
What should I write about in my log entries?
How do I know what "Community Orientation" means?
Here's how to choose learning logs that make doing your self rating really easy.
Competency Word Pictures
So this is an important area we check in ARCP
You need at least 2-3 good quality PDP's per placement.
Don't rely on PDP's generated from your ESR
Once completed: sign it off. Looks and feels good!
S Do I have to remind you what
M this stands for??
R It's easier said than done though.
Think of short/ medium and long term aims you would like to achieve.
Use the placement specific curriculum guide at the end of each placement page to jog your memory if you're running dry of ideas
Overcoming PSQ confusion